Freedom from curses
Now that we realize there are curses, we need to realize why there are curses and what the effects of curses are.
#1 Reason for a curse is not listening to what God says; when God speaks we need to listen. If you want the blessings of God do what he says to do.
#2 So many people say well I don’t know what God is saying if you’re a spirit-filled Christian you should beadle to determine what God is wanting or asking you to do. See sometimes we get off track but when we do God is quick to help us if we walk in humility and love.
If God is so powerful to create the world and us, do we really believe that he would keep his will for our lives a secret? Each child of Gods, God has a plan and a purpose for our lives. God Almighty loves us so much that he wants us to be filled with joy and peace but we must humble ourselves and seek his face to find out what it is that he’s calling us to do. Many times what we want is what God has put in our hearts to do in life. For his glory, not ours.
Now read this carefully: By being obedient to God here’s the list of blessings list in Deuteronomy, chapter 28. As you read this list please think about these blessings. 1. Exaltation 2. Reproductive 3. Health 4. Prosperity 5. Victory 6. That we are the head and not the tail 7. That we will be above and not beneath. Now that we can see clearly what the blessings are let’s now look at the curses.
- Sickness and disease of every kind
- Poverty, failure, lack
- Defeat in every area of life.
- We will be the tail and not the head
- We will be below and not above
Indications of Curses:
(1) Mental, emotional, financial and spiritual breakdown
(2) Repeated sickness or diseases, especially hereditary sickness.
(3) Feminine problems -barrenness, miscarriage, menstruation problems or uncommon bleeding.
(4) Breakdown of marriage, break down in relationships, siblings fighting as adults, family alienation, and lack of mercy or love between children.
(5) Financial insufficiency, poverty, lack, car accidents repeated, loss of jobs over and over again, or getting hurt on the job at several different jobs, Accident Prone.
(6) People dying at early ages or unexplained deaths.
There are generational curses and also I have seen a location be under a curse to where no matter what the business is it either went under or evil things have happened at this location. It’s very sad but one place that was just a small bar off the highway had more deaths and rapes than big bars or nightclubs. When a place has had a violent, evil or wicked crime committed on its land that land must be prayed over or that location belongs to demonic powers. One time a man bought a car that a person committed suicide in and after he took ownership of that car he then felt suicide thoughts and he finally came to a point he got rid of the car, then all the thoughts of Suicide left him.
We need to realize we live in a nonstop spiritual war. Now here are some reasons that we come under a curse.
- Having false gods, are putting your trust in an Ouija board, Tara cards, dreams, crystals, good luck charms, sex, alcohol, drugs, gambling, séances, wizards, dream catchers, horoscopes, or mediums or witches? If you are then you have put a curse on yourself and your family because God the creator of heaven and earth must be on the throne at all times. How can we say we love God but we don’t trust him? (Exodus 20: 3& 4, Deuteronomy 27: 15)
- Disrespect for parents, so many young people these days are killing and harming their parents and then wonder why they are being locked up for many years. Young people, I realize life isn’t easy but remember if you commit a crime you eventually will do the time. So many young people will never have a family and will never experience the joys of life because they are sitting behind bars just waiting for their life to end because every day they wake up they will sit behind prison or mental ward walls. (Deuteronomy 27: 16)
- Treachery against a neighbor, who is your neighbor, a friend, church member, a co-worker, see we must represent Christ at all times. Anyone that comes to you is your neighbor. Deuteronomy 27: 17)
- Injustice to the weak, If you study your word you will find out throughout scriptures that God has a heart for those that are poor and those that are fatherless. (Deuteronomy 27: 18& 19)
- Illicit sex Deuteronomy 27: 20-23, and Revelation 9:21 And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts. See if you have sex with an animal, or person outside of a man and woman married, you are in sin. So many times people think that I only had oral sex with this person or with this animal so that can’t be wrong but in the eyes of God, it is wrong.
Now here is a list of why so many fall under a curses: Stealing, lying, being cruel to animals or children, having no mercy, showing lack of love or compassion, self-seeking or self-centred, prideful, boastful, angry, easily angered, murder, rape, incest, doing evil against Gods anointed, harming or being destructive towards your neighbors things or harming or being destructive towards the house of Gods, harming or being destructive towards a poor person, speaking evil against someone that is seeking after the heart of God, name calling names to person that is a Christian, being self-righteous, husbands not forgiving their wives, husbands not honoring and respecting their wives with their words and actions, husbands that treat their wives poorly, husbands that compare their wife’s body to what they saw in a porn magazine or movie, Husbands that look at porn or get in to calling 1-800 # to talk to another woman in a lustful conversation, Wives that dishonor their husbands because their speaking evil about them. Wives that withhold sexual gratification from their husbands because he doesn’t make enough money for you to be happy, or buy you enough things. Men that treat their wives like a sex toy.